October 4, 2021 – The Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (DEM) has approved the FocalPoint High Performance Modular Biofiltration System (HPMBS) — an innovative stormwater technology that is beneficial to engineers, land planners, landscape architects, installers, developers and end-users implementing green infrastructure and low impact development techniques. Because of its small footprint, open-bed configuration and modular subsurface drainage layer, it offers tremendous versatility for use as a water quality best management practice (BMP) in urban settings.
The review of the FocalPoint HPMBS application was conducted by members of the RIDEM Office of Water Resources Stormwater Technology Committee which consists of members from the Department of Environmental Management (DEM), Department of Transportation (DOT) and Coastal Resources Management Council (CRMC).
Approved technology must be designed, built, and maintained to meet the conditions specified in their technology-specific RIDEM certification letter. Pollutant removal rates assigned to the FocalPoint HPMBS include the following: 85% of total suspended solids, 30% of total nitrogen, 30% of total phosphorus, and 60% of pathogens.
FocalPoint HPMBS was developed by Convergent Water Technologies and sold locally through Ferguson Waterworks, a member of Convergent’s value added reseller network.